Based on the readings we did in class, answer these questions:
- For background, how many euros to the dollar? (Where are you going to find this information?)
- What should a prudent U.S. investor, with a stock portfolio of $100,000, do to prevent losing money in the event of the collapse of one or more European national economies?
- Should we worry? Why or why not? (For this answer, please give a minimum of three good paragraphs, formal writing style.)
What were the readings? Great question!
- “Dire Warnings Are Building on a European Debt Crisis,” New York Times, November 28, 2011
- “European Crisis in Figures,” chart from France 24 News
- “Critical Issues Facing the Key Players,” graphic from Global Post.com